My personal mission:
I have been blessed in my ‘photographic life’ so now it’s time to have fun and enjoy the moments of “seeing the light” while serving my clients and students.
Who is Crystal L. Trask?
Recently married, I currently play, live and work in Vassalboro, Maine with my husband David and our 14-year-old Min Pin, Pixel. Vassalboro is a small community on the shores of China Lake, tucked next to Winslow/Waterville just 20 minutes from Augusta, the state capital of Maine. Operating as Goodbrain.com Photo I am a digital artisan, photographer, videographer & sound editor, plus a digital art mentor and business coach, teacher, competition judge, and speaker. I have continuously operated a “creative business” since 1989 in portrait and commercial photography as both a freelance photographer and a studio business owner. My professional certifications include “graphicmasters” level certification in technology skills for web and graphic design, certified in Sales, plus I am a certified CEO and enjoy helping others with their own business challenges including startups, planning, strategy, marketing, and lead generation. Once can tap into my extensive experience via consulting with me in the areas of desktop publishing & advertising, social media marketing, content authoring, online course creation and blogging to name a few options.
Decades of Photographic & Other Creative experience include
- Retail store with photo lab management AND Portrait studio with digital art gallery ownership;
- Camera Repair Technician;
- Graphic Design (gd) career school executive, career counselor and eventually gd school owner; digital art competition judge and art gallery curator (4 galleries launched, 3 of them for clients in NH);
- Photography and graphic design for 300+ clients to date;
- Teaching hundreds of students as a career school teacher and photo/creatives coaching; teaching young people about the career of photography and graphic design as well as operating children’s hands-on workshops in Photoshop;
- Experience with various professional Boards and non-profit startup seats held in professional organizations including NHPPA, NHCC, NHCPE, Manchester Arts Commission (all in NH), Granada Theater in Morgan Hill and Poppy Jasper International Film Festival (both in CA);
- Multiple business startup experiences for myself, and as a business consultant;
- Attendance at ImagingUSA and NEIPP; PPANE and other enrichment and professional experiences;
- Professional and enthusiast-level workshops and enrichment classes taught (NH & Maine), including international speaking and volunteering as a Trustee with the Bahama International School of Professional Photography (BISPP) with Rick English (MA) and Kenneth Love (Bahama), Directors; lastly
- I have received awards both as a graphic designer and digital artisan/photographer, including a prestigious “Fuji Masterpiece Award” via NHPPA.
Types of Photography experience include
- Various commercial photography projects; team sports & event imaging
- “Fine art” as well as “lifestyle” Portraits of all sorts
- Digital Art and Stock Photography images
- My studio specialty is in portraits starting with maternity, newborn & children and goes all the way to families and reunions/events, and yes, I even offer pet portrait services.
- At heart, I am a “multi-image storyteller” in my shooting style, so my specialty product of choice is what I call a “Goodbrain STORYBook” Session – it is an in-studio or destination-based portrait session combined with an archival photo album (aka STORYBook) which pictorially tells the story of the session (view sample).
Most recently, I earned my certification as an ITMI Tour Director/Tour Guide. Who wants to travel with me? My creative and tech skills plus over 25 years of personal global travel experiences equals a new exciting focus of touring, travel & learning for creatives! I offer my services and welcome global client inquiries for portraits or commercial projects to coincide with any of my travel plans, or heck, if you want me to travel to you I like to say I have “crazy skills, will travel!”
CONNECT WITH ME
Become a part of my creative community at Facebook – the short URL is: @goodbrainboss … find my professional resume at Linkedin – Crystal L. Trask …
But Wait! There’s more!
One more endeavor very close to my heart is – Northeast Nomads – where my husband David and I are sharing our 1997 Winnebago RV Renovation project, along with our personal RV lifestyle and adventures that are now being shared on our new travel blog! We will be posting free video tutorials during our excursions and offering new hands-on photo safaris around New England. David is a computer class teacher (K-8 grade and the Tech Director of Vassalboro Community School) and we will share other technical learning including using drones! So, follow us to be in the know…